Addressing Care Needs
For many regular attenders of Stone Hill, the first stop for physical, spiritual and emotional care needs is sharing and prayer with a small group. If you are not already a member of a small group, please contact the church office (609-924-3816).
For persistent struggles and personal crisis of all kinds, pastors and members of the care team lead efforts to provide physical support, visits, comfort and lay counseling. Following are some areas/ministries where we have teams available to offer support (click on the Ministry area below to send an email):
- Bereavement - for those experiencing grief or loss.
- Extended Family - monthly fellowship combined with an inspirational speaker and meal meets the second Wednesday at 11:30 am.
- Financial Literacy Coaches and Benevolence - can provide support and assistance with handling finances and financial needs.
- Meals Ministry - assists individuals/families by providing meals on a short term basis.
- Men's Freedom Group - small group for men dealing with issues of sexual integrity.
- Prayer Team - for specific prayers and/or to meet with an elder for communion and prayer.
- Other needs - Hospital visits, Transportation, Moving needs, etc.
Please contact the Care Team if you think you or someone you know might benefit from a call or visit.
Stone Hill Church of Princeton also provides referrals for professional Christian counselors to its congregants. Our referral counselors are all Masters or Doctoral level graduates of counseling programs. Each referral counselor is under regular care and direction of an experienced mentor and all strive to provide biblically sound, Christ-centered, God-glorifying counsel. Our goal is that you would leave with greater self-awareness of God's activity in your life and with a greater capacity to meet present and/or future challenges in your life. To initiate a counseling relationship, contact the Care Team. A counselor will call you back to gather information, and set up an initial appointment. Fees do apply for subsequent appointments, but limited assistance for Stone Hill congregants in need is available from the benevolence fund.
Needs can vary, and you also may find yourself becoming a care provider - Stone Hill Church Care Team is here to minister and serve you and your family where we can. There are also a number of resources outside the church that you may find beneficial. Following are some links to groups and resources:
- Senior/Assisted Living - AssistedLiving.org is a website which outlines helpful state programs for seniors and provides a tool for finding assisted living in New Jersey.
- For some local assisted living facilities [click here].
- Affordable Housing and Housing Stability - [click here] for a directory from the Housing Stability Coalition regarding information on Housing Assistance Programs in Princeton/Mercer County and Housing Programs and Resources.
- Princeton Human Services Social Services Directory - [click here] for a concise directory of resources in the Princeton area, for a variety of needs, including mental health, crisis programs, employment, food resources, senior services, transportation, etc. Also contact the following social service agencies:
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) - this organization offers education and some support. For more information, contact NAMI at (609-799-8994) or visit their website.