- Sign up for the youth ministry email list to get regular newsletters and other updates!
- Keep up to date with us via Facebook.
Starting at 9:30 AM, all 4th-12th grade aged students begin Sunday School together in the upstairs Youth Room for a time of Worship, Prayer, Scripture Reading, and Fellowship over a pancake breakfast. Classes break for their time of study around 10 AM.
Spring 2018 Sunday School series:
· Middle School Guys: A study on ‘The Person of Jesus.’
· Middle School Girls: A study on ‘The Person of Jesus.’
· High School: A series called ‘The People of God’, which charts the journey of God’s people through Scripture, from the call of Abraham all the way to Revelation, where people from every tribe, tongue and nation will be gathered before the throne.
Thanks very much! Let me know if you have any questions or problems!
Youth Group is held on Friday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Both Middle School and High School meet at the same time, but they follow different schedules and study different subjects.
After we start with a time of worship all together at 6:30, middle school then has a time of fellowship & games from 6:45-7:30. After that, they get a snack and then engage in an interactive teaching and discussion session until 8pm. They are going through the Old Testament, learning about the key individuals, stories and moments in the narrative, and learning what God may be saying to us through those today.
High School students on the other hand, have their teaching and discussion at 6:45, right after worship. They are studying a series on who God is, and why it should matter in our everyday lives. At 7:30, they get their snack and then have social time until 8pm.
At 8pm, we move into our small groups for prayer and to share what is happening in one another’s lives. We have 4 small groups: MS girls, HS girls, MS boys, and HS boys.
Books for Parents
If you want to do some reading, below are some books that have been recommended over the years. And students? Feel free to read these too and tell us what you think...
- Sticky Faith by Dr Kara E. Powell
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens by Paul David Tripp
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Instructing a Child’s Heart by Tedd & Margie Tripp
- Big Truths for Young Hearts by Bruce Ware
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God by Marty Machowski
- Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus by Elyse Fitzpatrick
- Gospel-Powered Parenting: How the Gospel Shapes and Transforms Parenting by William P. Farley
- Disciple Like Jesus: For Parents by Alan Melton
- Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God by Voddie Baucham