Day 1: James 1:1-12
- What does this text tell us about God?
- What does this text tell us about ourselves?
- Have you ever asked God to give you wisdom to see your trials from His point of view?
- Why is it hard for followers of Jesus to see their trials as God’s method of making them more like Jesus?
- How do you typically handle difficulties?
- Share one of your most significant trials with your group.
- What is God asking me to change in the next 72 hours?
Day 2: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- This is a great passage that reminds us that our trials are temporary but the good that our trials are producing are eternal.
Day 3: Job 2:1-10
- Job’s trials are many and horrific, yet he refuses to blame God.
Day 4: Hebrews 12:1-3
- Jesus suffered for us not so that we wouldn’t have to suffer but in suffering we can become more like Jesus Christ.
Day 5: James 1:13-18
- Preview of next week’s sermon text.