Engage in Community
We show God’s love through engaging the world, both locally and globally. We serve the community in various ways coming alongside them in specific areas of need and interest.Sign Up to Serve
Discovery Bible Study
Engage your friends and neighbors in intentional conversations into interaction with God’s Word. Contact the church office for more information.
International Students Inc. (ISI)
The local church is integral to ISI Princeton’s stated mission “to share Christ’s love with international students and to equip them for effective service in cooperation with the local church and others.”
- Adopt an international student(s) for home-cooked meals or family game night.
- Lead/Coordinate/Carpool for field trips/hikes.
- Practice conversational English over coffee/tea or lunch.
- Host student(s) at home for holidays (e.g., Thanksgiving or Christmas).
- Donate bikes
- Donate food for an ISI gathering.
- Donate used furniture/household items for Garage Giveaway (annually in August)
Mind the Gap
The Mind the Gap program is a mentoring and tutoring program aimed at demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ to the Princeton community by preparing under-resourced high school students and graduates for success in higher education and/or the workplace.
Prison Visitation Ministry
- Lead small group bible study at Mercer County Correctional Center (MCCC) in Lambertville, NJ.
- Submission of a volunteer application required before participation. Contact Miriam Chang with interests or inquiries.
- Women’s prison ministry on Mondays 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., weekly.
- Men’s prison ministry on Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., twice monthly.
Worship at Local Assisted Living Facilities
- Location: Brandywine Living Serenade at Princeton
- 2nd Sunday of the month from 9:30-10:15 a.m.
- Volunteer teams lead a worship service with the residents, sharing a devotional and singing a hymn (or two).
Contact Miriam Chang for more information and to get involved.
The Stone Hill Koinonia Team exists to strengthen the unity of the church body under the headship of Jesus Christ, while embracing racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and other diversity.
On a monthly basis, this team provides opportunities for fellowship, education, and outreach.
SHC Hispanic congregants share their experiences: March 2022 Koinonia Event Replay
Previous events have included: Pastoral Discussions on the Crisis of Injustice (July 2020), Combating Injustice and Poverty in Crisis Pregnancies with Carolyn Gilmore (ChoiceOne Director), and Understanding Princeton’s African American History: A Virtual Tour with Shirley Satterfield.
Check out the Classes page for upcoming Koinonia team events.
- No upcoming events are scheduled